Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Adapted From Martha Stewart.
- 4 slices white bread, in pieces
- 2 1⁄2 lbs ground beef or 2 1⁄2 lbs meatloaf mixture
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 stalks celery
- 2 carrots
- 1⁄2 cup flat leaf parsley
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Heat oven to 325.
- Place bread in food processor and pulse until crumbs.
- Place vegetables in food processor pulse until fine.
- Add beef/ meatloaf mixture mix well with a large wooden spoon or using your hands.
- Add egg, 1/2 c ketchup, 2 t dry mustard, salt and pepper combine throughly.
- Place in loaf pan.
- Combine 1/2 c kethcup and remaining dry mustard and brown sugar, brush over meatloaf.
- Cook until thermometer reads 160 about 90 minutes.
We really liked this. There is a measurement problem with the dry mustard but I worked it out. Also, definately don't try and put more than 2lbs of meat into this recipe and then get it into one loaf pan. I cut my 3lbs back to 2.5 and still had at least 1/2lb left over. I like the incorporation of veggies and we really liked the flavor. Makes great leftover sandwiches!