1/3 Photos of Mother's Day Tea Cookies
1 hr 23 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Sorry, I am a little late in posting this. Please note that the recipe requires one hour of chilling time. Local recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/3 cup unbleached granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, finely grated (my addition)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 6 ounces fruit jam, approximately (your flavor choice, we tested strawberry preserves and rose water jam. Read *Tip below.)
- 1*Tip: make your own "instant" rose water jam by stirring a small amount (about 1-2 teaspoons, to taste) rose water into your favorite homemade or store bought jam.
- 2Preheat oven to 365 degrees. <<This is the correct temperature.
- 3In a large mixing bowl, food processor or KitchenAid stand up mixer, combine the butter, sugar, salt, extract, lemon zest and eggs.
- 4Stir in the flour until incorporated.
- 5Gather cookie dough into a ball, wrap in plastic and chill for 1 hour.
- 6Remove from refrigerator and roll out dough on a floured surface to 1/4" thickness.
- 7Cut into 2" rounds and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. (I used the cap to one of the plastic spice bottles in the pantry. It measures 2 1/8").
- 8Spoon 1/4 teaspoon (no more than that) fruit jam in center of each dough round, pinch sides of cookie to close (see photo above). Note: the jam should show on both sides of the impression.
- 9Bake 8-10 minutes until *very lightly* browned. Rotate the baking sheet at the halfway mark. I noticed a few of the cookies started to come apart in the center where they were pinched. I carefully pinched them again. I'm confident in time my dough pinching skills will improve.
- 10Remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in a covered container.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mother's Day Tea Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (718 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 75.3
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 17.6 mg
- Sodium 22.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 1.1 g