Tin Chef Seattle's Note:
This quick recipe is perfect for impressing a dinner party. It is combination of the goat cheese stuffed tomatoe receipe by Nano2 #64641 and a little love fo' my Iowa-born, ham lovin' madre and grandmadre. Do not be intimidated by the ingredients. Prosciutto will cost $3.50 at the deli counter - no more than a tank of gas or a mocha. Make sure to ask that they shred it (extra thin slicing) and you'll swear it looks like a pound. Possible variations: cream cheese for the goat cheese; a 1/8 pound ham & 1/8 pound salami for proscuitto though I have tried neither.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop up the sage and garlic. Chop the stems off the sage and use only the leaves.
- 2Flip the tomatoes so the stem side is the bottom. Cut the tops off of tomatoes and scoop out the inside with a spoon. (Save the tops for presentation later, if desired).
- 3Put oil in pan and sautee the chopped garlic for about 30 seconds on a medium to high heat. Add sage and 75% of the proscuitto to the pan and mix ingredients on high for 1 to 2 minutes or until fragrant.
- 4Add pan mixture and the goat cheese to a food processor. Chop until ingredients are mixed together, should be a dip-like texture.
- 5Stuff tomatoes with mixture and top with parmesean.
- 6Broil tomatoes until the tops are brown. Top with proscuitto or serve the rest of the proscuitto on the side.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mother's Day Stuffed Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 174.7
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 26.5 mg
- Sodium 224.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 9.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: