Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
This quick recipe is perfect for impressing a dinner party. It is combination of the goat cheese stuffed tomatoe receipe by Nano2 #64641 and a little love fo' my Iowa-born, ham lovin' madre and grandmadre. Do not be intimidated by the ingredients. Prosciutto will cost $3.50 at the deli counter - no more than a tank of gas or a mocha. Make sure to ask that they shred it (extra thin slicing) and you'll swear it looks like a pound. Possible variations: cream cheese for the goat cheese; a 1/8 pound ham & 1/8 pound salami for proscuitto though I have tried neither.
- Chop up the sage and garlic. Chop the stems off the sage and use only the leaves.
- Flip the tomatoes so the stem side is the bottom. Cut the tops off of tomatoes and scoop out the inside with a spoon. (Save the tops for presentation later, if desired).
- Put oil in pan and sautee the chopped garlic for about 30 seconds on a medium to high heat. Add sage and 75% of the proscuitto to the pan and mix ingredients on high for 1 to 2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add pan mixture and the goat cheese to a food processor. Chop until ingredients are mixed together, should be a dip-like texture.
- Stuff tomatoes with mixture and top with parmesean.
- Broil tomatoes until the tops are brown. Top with proscuitto or serve the rest of the proscuitto on the side.