Chef mariajane's Note:
This is a recipe that I found on the Crisco website, what a delicous cake and can be decorated so deliciously!! Enjoy!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup crisco golden all-vegetable shortening
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coconut extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup shredded coconut, chopped
- whipped cream or whipped topping
- fresh fruit
- 2Preheat oven to 350°F Grease a 10-inch tube pan or Bundt pan.
- 3Combine sugar and shortening in the bowl of an electric mixer. Beat at medium speed until blended. Add eggs, 2 at a time, beating slightly after each addition. Beat in coconut extract.
- 4Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Add half of the dry mixture to wet ingredients. Add buttermilk and the remaining dry mixture. Beat at low speed after each addition until well blended. Add coconut. Mix until blended. Spoon into prepared pan.
- 5Bake in preheated oven 50-60 minutes or toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan. Place cake, top side up, on serving plate. Use toothpick to poke 12-15 holes in top of cake.
- 7In a small saucepan, combine ingredients for glaze. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Remove from heat. Cool 15 minutes. Spoon over cake. Cool completely.
- 8Add a bouquet by placing a small glass or votive filled with flowers in middle of cake.
- 9ADDITIONAL GARNISH:.
- 10If desired, Place spoonfuls of whipped topping and assorted fresh fruit on each serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mother's Day Bouquet Cake
Serving Size: 1 (103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 409.5
- Calories from Fat 171
- Total Fat 19.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 76.2 mg
- Sodium 183.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 39.5 g
- Protein 5.0 g