Recipe by -Patrish
This is the recipe both my mom and grandmother made. There is no nutmeg in this recipe, for those of us who don't like it in creamed spinach.
- 1⁄2 pint spinach
- 2 slices bacon, drained
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook spinach according to package directions, then chop.
- Brown bacon; drain on paper towels and crumble when cool enough.
- Add oinions, then butter to bacon drippings left in pan.
- Add flour, salt & pepper.
- Add cream and cook on medium heat just until thickened.
- Reduce temperature; stir in spinach and crumbled bacon and serve.