Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is the recipe both my mom and grandmother made. There is no nutmeg in this recipe, for those of us who don't like it in creamed spinach.
- 1⁄2 pint spinach
- 2 slices bacon, drained
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup cream
- Cook spinach according to package directions, then chop.
- Brown bacon; drain on paper towels and crumble when cool enough.
- Add oinions, then butter to bacon drippings left in pan.
- Add flour, salt & pepper.
- Add cream and cook on medium heat just until thickened.
- Reduce temperature; stir in spinach and crumbled bacon and serve.