Chef Boy of Dee's's Note:
This receipe come from a Restaurant in New Hope called Mother's. The receipe was provided to Cuisine Magazine, Oct 1983 edition.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (as always more is better)
- 1 medium onion, cut ino 1/2 inch dice
- 6 stalks asparagus, carefully rinsed,stems pared,cut into 1/2 inch dice (about 8 ounces)
- 1 stalk celery, trimmed,cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 1 carrot, pared,cut into 1/2 inch dice
- 1 baking potato, pared cut into 1/2 inch dice (about 8 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
- 3 bay leaves
- 3 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- fresh ground pepper
- minced fresh parsley
- minced fresh chives
- minced fresh rosemary
- 1Make chicken stock.
- 2Melt butter in large heavy saucepan over medium-high heat.
- 3When foam subsides, add garlic; saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- 4Add onion, asparagus, celery, carrot, potato, thyme and bay leaves; cook stirring frequently, until onion is softened but not browned, about 5 minutes.
- 5Add flour, stirring until well mixed.
- 6Add 5 cups chicken stock, the milk, cream and nutmeg; heat to boiling.
- 7Reduce heat to low; simmer, uncovered, 40 minutes, skimming off any foam that rises to top.
- 8Remove saucepan from heat; discard bay leaves.
- 9Transfer 3 cups of soup, with vegatbles, to blender; blend on low sped to coarse puree.
- 10Return puree to saucepan, stir to combine.
- 11Heat soup until hot; season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 12Ladle soup into warmed soup bowls, garnish each serving with parsley, chives and rosemary.
- 13Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mother's Cream of Chicken Soup
Serving Size: 1 (372 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 398.4
- Calories from Fat 288
- Total Fat 32.0 g
- Saturated Fat 19.3 g
- Cholesterol 109.8 mg
- Sodium 284.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 9.1 g