Recipe by Chef Hall
Mother got this recipe from a woman she worked with at Sears years ago. Each time Mother visited her sister in Phoenix, her sister would request she make the casserole for one meal during her visit. It is easy to make and a little different from your usual corn casserole. My Mom will be 89 in April. She made the casserole last Sunday when she cooked turkey, dressing, green beans and rolls for my daughter and her husband, and myself.
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornmeal
- 1 (16 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped small
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped small
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped small
- 1⁄8 ounce canned water chestnut (halved or quartered depending on size)
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs.
- Add milk, sugar, cornmeal, corn, onion, green pepper, celery, water chestnuts to eggs.
- Melt 1 tablespoon margarine in 8 x 8 casserole dish. Add ingredients.
- Sprinkle casserole with pimentos, paprika and salt.
- Bake at 350°F - 45 to 60 minutes or until done.