Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Old flour recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups tuna, 7 oz can
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon onion, grated
- 2 tablespoons parsley, diced
- 6 tablespoons cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 7⁄8 cup cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup American cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together.
- Blend in shortening.
- When mixture looks like coarse corn meal, add milk.
- Turn onto floured board.
- Roll out into a sheet 8 inches square.
- Mix tuna, celery, onion, parsley, and 6 tablespoons cream of mushroom soup together. Cover dough.
- Roll up like a jelly roll.
- Cut into 8 slices.
- Place slices close together on a greased baking sheet, cut side down.
- Bake 30 minutes or until brown.
- Meanwhile, for the sauce, heat milk and rest of can of cream of mushroom soup.
- Stir in cheese and cook until bubbly, stirring constantly.
- Serve sauce over pinwheels.