Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is almost a no fail recipe for chocolate fudge and it's good. My mother likes to make this and give it to friends and neighbors at Christmas. People would rather you give them gifts from the heart like candy than a useless trinket that gathers dust.
- 5 cups sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 20 large marshmallows
- 2 cups nuts
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Boil the sugar, butter, and milk for six minutes.
- Take it off the stove and add the marshmallows and chocolate chips.
- Add nuts.
- Put mixture in a pan and when cool cut into squares.
This is so good and couldn't be easier to make. No fail! I did leave out the nuts as we don't care for them. I used milk chocolate chips because that is what we had on hand. I plan on making more of this to put on the candy platters for Christmas gatherings using peanut butter, cinnamon, and mint chocolate chips.