Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 hrs
A recipe of my grandmother's that I have spruced up and made into my own
Make and share this Mother's Best Ever Slow Cooker Pot Roast recipe from Food.com.
- Chop onion and put in bottom of crock pot with water and turn pot on low.
- Mix flour, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a large ziploc freezer bag.
- Put roast in bag and toss until outside of roast is completely covered with a light layer of flour mixture.
- Heat oil in a pan large enough for roast (I usually use a wok).
- Brown roast on all sides in the pan.
- After browning, empty excess oil into crock and keep roast in pan.
- Chop garlic into slices.
- Make incisions in the roast and put garlic in the slices with fingers.
- Add roast to crock pot.
- Add mushrooms on sides and top of roast.
- After 4 or 5 hours, skin and chop potatoes and add to crock pot.
- Cook until potatoes are soft and roast is tender enough to pull apart with a fork (usually 1-2 more hours).
- Salt and pepper to taste.