5 hrs 20 mins
A recipe of my grandmother's that I have spruced up and made into my own
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop onion and put in bottom of crock pot with water and turn pot on low.
- 2Mix flour, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a large ziploc freezer bag.
- 3Put roast in bag and toss until outside of roast is completely covered with a light layer of flour mixture.
- 4Heat oil in a pan large enough for roast (I usually use a wok).
- 5Brown roast on all sides in the pan.
- 6After browning, empty excess oil into crock and keep roast in pan.
- 7Chop garlic into slices.
- 8Make incisions in the roast and put garlic in the slices with fingers.
- 9Add roast to crock pot.
- 10Add mushrooms on sides and top of roast.
- 11After 4 or 5 hours, skin and chop potatoes and add to crock pot.
- 12Cook until potatoes are soft and roast is tender enough to pull apart with a fork (usually 1-2 more hours).
- 13Salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mother's Best Ever Slow Cooker Pot Roast
Serving Size: 1 (134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 617.2
- Calories from Fat 331
- Total Fat 36.7 g
- Saturated Fat 13.0 g
- Cholesterol 104.3 mg
- Sodium 1260.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 32.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: