Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr
Hearty beef stew recipe that's perfect for the family!
Make and share this Mother's Beef Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb cubed sirloin
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 chopped white onion
- 4 -5 cubed potatoes
- 4 chopped carrots
- 4 stalks celery
- 2 diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) packetmccormicks beef stew seasoning
- 1⁄2 tablespoon thyme
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1. Brazen the cubed sirloin meat with the butter, onion, and garlic on medium heat in a large pot. After the meat is browned, add 2 cups of water. Let sit for 5 minutes, as this will be the beginning of the broth.
- 2. Add in cubed potatoes, carrots, celery, tomatoes, mushrooms, McCormicks beef stew mix, beef bouillon (optional), thyme and about 6 cups of water. Bring to a boil.
- 3. Add 2 tbsp cornstarch mixed with 1/2 cup of water to thicken.
- 4. Continue cooking until potatoes are soft to touch. Consider serving homemade bread to soak in the goodness!