The three other Apple Crunch recipes are somewhat similar, but this is our family version. We don't use brown sugar, there is no crust (as in the apple crumb pies), and we mix it a little differently. This also had it's beginnings in a church cookbook. We serve it warm (hot) from the oven, with either ice cream on top, or a lot of milk.
- Butter a 1 1/2 deep glass baking dish.
- Core and slice apples into dish.
- Mix 1/2 cup of the sugar with the cinnamon, and sprinkle over apples.
- Blend with a pastry blender (or 2 knives) the remaining 1/2 cup sugar, the flour, and butter, until it forms "crumbs".
- Sprinkle mixture over top.
- Bake at 400 degrees 30-40 minutes.