Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
The three other Apple Crunch recipes are somewhat similar, but this is our family version. We don't use brown sugar, there is no crust (as in the apple crumb pies), and we mix it a little differently. This also had it's beginnings in a church cookbook. We serve it warm (hot) from the oven, with either ice cream on top, or a lot of milk.
- Butter a 1 1/2 deep glass baking dish.
- Core and slice apples into dish.
- Mix 1/2 cup of the sugar with the cinnamon, and sprinkle over apples.
- Blend with a pastry blender (or 2 knives) the remaining 1/2 cup sugar, the flour, and butter, until it forms "crumbs".
- Sprinkle mixture over top.
- Bake at 400 degrees 30-40 minutes.
What could be better than warm apple crisp and a scoop of vanilla ice cream? Nothing I can think of. This was marvelous Sweetiebarbara, especially for my husband as he prefers his apple crisp without oatmeal. I used McIntosh apples (which I did peel). Such a simple recipe to prepare and a great presentation with melting ice cream puddling around the warm crisp. Ummmmm. This goes in my Tried and True recipe book for sure. Thx for sharing with us!
I have had this using Mcintosh apples many times. Delicous Barbara! Your right, it does go great with ice cream. I love it with French Vanilla! Linda
Good Stuff ! The topping is like crust & delicious! I sprinkled a little (1/2 C) of Cinnamon Oatmeal mix,over top, before baking! Ice Cream A MUST! THANK YOU!