Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Mary Beth serves this salad every year at a fundraising Christmas party she hosts for the female residents of our local Salvation Army. She serves many wonderful dishes, but, none better than this one. She said her mother makes it for their family each Christmas. Now, I make it for mine. My sister, Janice, would probably stay home if I didn't serve it at our family dinner.
- 1 lb raw cranberries
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups pineapple tidbits, drained
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 pint heavy cream, whipped
- Wash and grind cranberries in food processor.
- Cover with sugar and let stand 2 hours. (this portion can be made days ahead and frozen)
- Add remainder of ingredients before serving and chill.