Recipe by Glittergirl
This is so delicious, courtesy of Shirley Bilbrey of California, it is a creamy and very satisfying potato dish. From Home Cooking magazine , 1983
Top Review by Starlita
This just hit the spot when I was craving scalloped potatoes. I did use mushroom soup but left out the sliced mushrooms. I used Mexican fiesta blend cheese. Thanks it was very yummy.
- 6 -8 medium russet potatoes, well washed,sliced thin,and not pared
- 2 (11 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 2 onions, sliced thin
- 1 (8 ounce) packageof grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced thin (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter casserole dish: layer sliced potatoes, onion and mushrooms:.
- then sprinkle in cheese: make several layers,ending with the cheese.
- Pour soup on top, (may dilute with a bit of water if desired) Cover with foil.
- Bake in slow oven, 275 to 300 degrees for about 3 hours.
- Great recipe!