Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
From a natural health food restaurant
- 2 slices hearty whole grain bread
- 4 slices avocados
- 1 slice tomatoes, to cover sandwich
- 3 slices cucumbers (thin slices)
- zucchini, cut into match-stick julienne
- alfalfa sprout
- sunflower seeds
- 2 slices colby-monterey jack cheese
- 2 teaspoons cream cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- Spread cream cheese on bread.
- Sprinkle with chili powder.
- Sprinkle over some sunflower seeds.
- Layer vegetables and cheese to suit your taste. Vary amounts as you like since this is a general guideline of the ingredients used in this sandwich.
Yeah! Good stuff! I left off the chili and the colby/jack and subbed some smoked fontina. It was delicious! Really fit the bill on a warmish summer day. And it's so pretty with all the different layers! Thanks for posting.
This is really a delicious and nutritious sandwich, in spite of what Chef whatever claims. First of all, avacado is a very healthy fat. I did leave out the colby, but thought the cream cheese was really good with this combination. I always use the Neufchatel cream cheese as it is about 1/3 the calories of the regular and tastes just as good. Thanks for a great recipe!
This sounds wonderful. I make a sandwich similar to this, but I add sliced apple and red onion....no zucchini, but I add bell pepper.