Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This recipe came from one of my co-workers. I eat it for breakfast! And it's not "wet" like some of the other pecan pie recipes I've tried.
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle Dark Karo syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- pecans (enough to layer top of the crust)
- Mix eggs, sugar, salt, flour, syrup and vanilla together.
- Pour into 2 frozen, 9-inch, deep dish crusts. Layer the top of the pie with pecans. If you want more pecans, you can add a double layer. Top with a few pats of butter.
- Bake at 325° for 1 hr & 15 minutes or until done. Cover the edges of the pie crust with a strip of aluminum foil if it gets too brown.