Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another rhyming doughnut recipe. Don't know why I like them but I do. Haven't tried this one yet, just don't want to lose it. The flour is a guess because they never seem to put flour amounts in the old recipes. If you make these before I do, be careful with the flour.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted (optional)
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour, approximately
- Dissolve the sugar in the milk. Add 2 tablespoons melted butter if you want it a little richer.
- Add well beaten eggs. Add baking powder and nutmeg or lemon.
- Thicken with flour and roll.