Prep 4 hrs
Cook 20 mins
A very old recipe from Mother Kossman. Used cake yeast but I'm subbing. Moderate oven is 375º.
- 1⁄2 cup lard
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 4 teaspoons yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 7 1⁄2 cups flour
- Add lard, sugar and salt to boiling water.
- Let cool.
- Dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Add to sugar mixture.
- Make a well and stir water mixture into flour.
- Make into balls and let rise 3 hours in warm place.
- Nake in moderate oven
- I'm guessing 20 minutes or until browned.