Recipe by Whitby Tart
This is a very very rich chocolate bar, Unfortunately once you have tasted this slice you can not leave it alone, It was given to me about 15 years ago by a friend. The reason for the name if the slice is because a mother in laws tongue is usually bitter sweet.
Top Review by Bellamarie.
WOW! This was really easy & great tasting. I must admit I did not use dark chocolate, I used Milk Chocolate. The family LOVED it, maybe a little too much! I will definately make these again. Thank you.
- 4 ounces butter (it has to be butter)
- 4 ounces golden syrup
- 4 ounces cocoa
- 4 ounces icing sugar (powdered sugar)
- 4 ounces of good dark chocolate
- 8 ounces digestive biscuits
- 8 ounces milk chocolate, for top of slice
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter and dark chocolate with the syrup in a pan.
- When melted, stir in icing sugar and cocoa.
- Be sure to sieve the cocoa and the icing sugar.
- Coarsly crush the digestive biscuits and stir into syrup mixture. Mix well.
- Press mixture into a greased tin approx 21x21x3.5cm. Leave mixture in tin and leave in the fridge for a few hours.
- When slice is properly chilled, melt the milk chocolate and spread onto the top of the slice. When milk chocolate has set, cut slice into fingers. ( Tongues )
- You should get about 25 tongues.
- Whitby Tart.