Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This wonderful sauce has been in my wonderful mother-in-laws family for a long time.
- 1⁄2 cup onion (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup celery (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup green bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs hamburger
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 clove garlic or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- In large pot brown hamburger and onion.
- Add remaining ingredients, cover and simmer for 1 hour.
I was looking for a mild sauce (stewed tomato flavor) and chose this. I browned the meat and veggies and cooked in the crock-pot. I used it for a Spaghetti Bake (Paula Deen) and it worked out great. I added a pinch of garlic pepper salt and Italian seasoning, which Paula's house seasoning has in it, to go with her recipe. Thank your mother in law for me! I love family recipes. Roxygirl