Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
If I was not already in love with my husband when I married him, getting at this recipe for my mother-in-law's potato salad would have been reason enough to tie the knot! Just kidding Honey!! If you are a fan of the classic Americana brand of potato salad, then try this one. This recipe's proportions are for a crowd, so adjust as desired for family size portions.
- 16 cups potatoes, diced
- 8 eggs, hard boiled
- 1 onion, large
- 4 stalks celery
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups Miracle Whip
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery salt
- salt and pepper
- Boil diced potatoes until fork tender, but not falling apart.
- Drain and set aside.
- Peel hard boiled eggs and dice into medium size chunks.
- Combine potatoes and eggs in a large bowl.
- Dice onion and celery into small pieces.
- For Dressing:.
- In a seperate bowl combine Mustard, Miracle Whip, sugar, celery salt and pepper, onion and celery.
- Taste the dressing to ensure the taste is to your liking. If not adjust as desired.
- Combine the dressing with the potatoes and eggs and stir to combine.