Prep 4 mins
Cook 40 mins
I had a hard time finding a good dressing recipe when I first started making Christmas and Thanksgiving Dinner. I told my husband to ask my mother in law for her recipe and I had more success after receiving it. This is a basic recipe for cornbread dressing. You can add in your favorite ingredients.
- 1 loaf cornbread (9 inch pan)
- 10 1⁄2 ounces cream of celery soup
- 1 (15 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Saute the onions over medium heat for 4 minutes. Stirring constantly.
- Crumble the cornbread into a pan and add in the saute onions.
- Add the cream of celery and black pepper. Mix the ingredients.
- Add the chicken broth until everything is well-blended.
- Spoon the cornbread mixture into a pan and spread evenly. Cover with foil.
- Take the foil off after 30 minutes.
- Cook the dressing uncovered for 10 additional minutes.