Recipe by domesticatedmom
When the cupboards are bare and payday is a day away just a little bit of this goes along way. Economical and healthy. Mom used to make this in times like these. She was a single mother of three and worked odd jobs to pay the bills. It satisfied us kids !
- 1 (8 ounce) can tuna
- Miracle Whip
- 3 tablespoons minced onions
- diced tomato
- 2 -3 cups chopped iceberg lettuce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon prepared mustard
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- I mix up the tuna and veggies with Miracle Whip and mustard--be generous with Miracle Whip.
- Add chopped lettuce and toss all together.
- Serve with club crackers or toast. You can add variations such as diced seeded cucumbers, celery etc. This recipe is basic and my mom always tripled this because it was ingredients we usually always had on hand. Tuna was a big part of meals growing up.