If your cupboard is a little bit more bare than mine is when I make this soup, you can substitute hot water and bullion cubes for the chicken stock/ broth. I wouldn't suggest just using water, though. My picky picky daughter loved this soup.
- 4 cups chicken stock (or broth)
- 20 -24 meatballs, 4 servings, small ones (frozen, leftover, made fresh, whatever)
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 lb wide egg noodles
- Combine everything except the noodles in a big soup pot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and let simmer 10 minutes.
- Add noodles and simmer about 10 more minutes.
This was so delicious! Great way to use up extra meatballs, too... I used home-made (didn't fit into the tomato sauce last time I made spaghetti) meatballs, subbed the dried onion flakes for a couple thin slices of vidalia, added half a carrot & some celery (needed to be used). I subbed tri-colored spiral macaroni for egg noodles (what was in the pantry). Hubby requested that I make this soup again! Gnome-a-licious!