Recipe by EdsGirlAngie
A delicious and easy adaptation of a recipe from "Foods from Mother Earth" by Maura D. Shaw and Sydna Altschuler Byrne (Shawangunk Press, 1994). I like the fresh, slightly spicy-sweet taste, and the crunchy texture. Can't wait to make it with fresh carrots from the garden! This salad can also be scooped up with pita chips.
Top Review by ChrisF
I liked this, not use to Curry, it was a welcome change of taste, easy and quick to make using my food processor. I am trying to get more fresh veggies in my diet. I'll take the leftovers for lunch tomarrow.
- 6 carrots, shredded
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 dash black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Shred or grate the carrots finely.
- You can shred the onion, too, instead of chopping it, if you like.
- Place carrots and onion in a medium serving bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients.
- Pour over the carrots and toss well.
- Serve at room temperature, or refrigerate.