Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is my adaptation of a delicious sandwich served at the Great Lost Bear in Portland Maine. Fried chicken, fried egg, bacon and cheese on a bulkie roll. YUM.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, pounded thin
- 1⁄4 cup ranch dressing
- 1⁄4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 slices bacon, cooked
- 2 slices American cheese
- 2 bulkie rolls
- Dip chicken into ranch dressing then into bread crumbs.
- Heat oil in skillet. Pan fry chicken until done, about 15-20 minutes. Remove from pan, keep warm.
- Melt butter in same skillet. Cook eggs over easy. (keep egg yolks runny or break them, your choice).
- Slice bulkie rolls in half and toast in toaster oven.
- On each roll, place one chicken breast, one fried egg, 1 slice cooked bacon, broken to fit, and 1 slice american cheese.
- Add mayo, mustard, ketchup, or bbq sauce to finish to your liking.
An excellent sandwich & combo of flavors, KelBel. It even resembles a much-favored sandwich here in Iceland. They use hamburger meat instead of chicken & do not use ranch dressing, but this was much more flavorful. I could not find a good roll to use that I liked, so settled for over-sized hamb buns. I did not realize till I was ready to post the pic that I left off the 2nd slice of cheese, but the sandwicn did not seem to suffer from my mistake. This is a BIG sandwich, very filling & was a complete meal for us w/just fruit for dessert. Thx for sharing this recipe w/us.