Recipe by windhorse23
Found on multiple websites. Untried. Supposed to be a spicier version of baba ghannouj. Number of servings is a guess.
- 3 medium eggplants
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup tahini paste
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, depending on taste
- 1 -3 green chili pepper (depending on taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place eggplant on lightly greased baking sheet. Roast for 30 minutes, or until eggplant is tender. Once roasted, remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Once eggplants have cooled, peel the skins. They should come off fairly easily. If you are having a tough time, just scoop the eggplant from the skin with a spoon. Set aside.
- In a food processor, combine and blend tahini, garlic, and peppers. Add in eggplant and blend well. Add in olive oil.
- Remove from food processor and place in serving bowl. Stir in lemon juice and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to three days.