K. Van Vleck's Note:
another easy rachel ray fave with a few lower calories twists!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat chicken broth
- 13 1/2 ounces light coconut milk
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 green bell pepper, cored, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 3 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded, and minced
- 3 inches gingerroot, peeled and grated
- 2 cups broccoli
- 1 lime, juice and zest of
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- hot sauce, such as tobasco
- 1In a sauce pot, combine 1 cup of the chicken broth, 4 oz of the coconut milk, and the jasmine rice.
- 2Bring to a simmer, cover, and cook for 15 to 18 minutes.
- 3Turn the heat off and keep the rice covered until ready to serve.
- 4While the coconut jasmine rice is cooking, preheat a large non-stick skillet over high heat with about 2 tblsp. of the veg. oil. Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper. Add chicken to skillet spreading it evenly across the pan and brown the chicken on all sides, about 3-4 minutes. Remove browned chicken and reserve.
- 5Add the last tblsp of veg. oil to pan. Add the green bell peppers, onions, garlic, jalapenos, ginger, and broccoli florets. Cook stirring frequently, for 3 -4 minutes, or until the veggies start to wilt.
- 6To the skillet add the remaining coconut milk and chicken broth. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 4-5 minutes. Add the chicken back to the skillet, and return it to a simmer for about 2 more minutes.
- 7Add the lime juice, lime zest, cilantro, scallions, parsley, and frozen peas. Stir to thoroughly combine. Simmer a minute more to heat the peas, taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Add hot sauce if you like a bit of heat.
- 8Serve over jasmine rice.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mostly Green Curry Chicken over Coconut Jasmine Rice
Serving Size: 1 (288 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 400.8
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 34.2 mg
- Sodium 105.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 21.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-fat chicken broth
light coconut milk