I got this from a friend that lived in Mexico. Mostachon means macaroon in Spanish. This has a Meringue base with a whipped topping. It sounds kind of weird but it is awesome. My original recipe is so worn I had to post here for safe keeping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 290F.
- 2Whip egg whites, when they start to rise add sugar and salt.
- 3In a separate bowl combine crackers (crushed), nuts and baking powder.
- 4Fold the egg white mixture into the dry ingredients with a spatula.
- 5Put in a 9 inch springform pan.
- 6Bake for 40 minutes, turn oven off and take out when oven is cold. (You may do this over night).
- 7Whipped topping:.
- 8Blend cream cheese to soften.
- 9In another container whip whipping cream.
- 10Fold together with a spatula.
- 11Beat eggs (on stove in a double boiler to heat eggs) when they start to get stiff add sugar. Keep on stove until sugar is dissolved.
- 12Add vanilla.
- 13Keep beating until they are extremely stiff.
- 14Combine with cheese mixture with a spatula let set in fridge for a minimum of 4 hours.
- 15When serving:.
- 16Meringue on bottom then whipped cream then top with strawberries.
Nutritional Facts for Mostachon
Serving Size: 1 (154 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 500.8
- Calories from Fat 259
- Total Fat 28.8 g
- Saturated Fat 12.8 g
- Cholesterol 61.7 mg
- Sodium 478.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 45.4 g
- Protein 8.8 g