Prep 1 hr
Cook 4 hrs
I got this from a friend that lived in Mexico. Mostachon means macaroon in Spanish. This has a Meringue base with a whipped topping. It sounds kind of weird but it is awesome. My original recipe is so worn I had to post here for safe keeping.
- Preheat oven to 290F.
- Whip egg whites, when they start to rise add sugar and salt.
- In a separate bowl combine crackers (crushed), nuts and baking powder.
- Fold the egg white mixture into the dry ingredients with a spatula.
- Put in a 9 inch springform pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes, turn oven off and take out when oven is cold. (You may do this over night).
- Whipped topping:.
- Blend cream cheese to soften.
- In another container whip whipping cream.
- Fold together with a spatula.
- Beat eggs (on stove in a double boiler to heat eggs) when they start to get stiff add sugar. Keep on stove until sugar is dissolved.
- Add vanilla.
- Keep beating until they are extremely stiff.
- Combine with cheese mixture with a spatula let set in fridge for a minimum of 4 hours.
- When serving:.
- Meringue on bottom then whipped cream then top with strawberries.