Recipe by erinBOberrin
This is a hearty, quick pasta dish. If you're not concerned about fat content, use pork sausage.
- 12 ounces mostaccioli pasta (before cooking)
- 1⁄2 lb light turkey sausage (spicy if you like)
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil (, or 1 t. dried)
- parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Heat large skillet, add crumbled sausage, green pepper, onion and garlic.
- Cook until browned; drain any fat.
- Add spaghetti sauce and basil; simmer 5-7 minutes.
- Serve over cooked mostaccioli.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese if desired.