Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Mostaccioli con Cozze, Calamari e Salsa al Pomodoro. From the Barilla website.
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 lbs mussels, scrubbed
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can Italian plum tomatoes
- 1 lb calamari
- to taste salt
- to taste fresh ground black pepper
- 16 ounces mostaccioli pasta
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- BRING wine to a boil in a large pot. Add mussels; cover pot and steam mussels 5-10 minutes until all mussels are open. Remove from heat.
- When cool enough to handle remove mussels from shell. Discard shells. Set mussels aside.
- STRAIN cooking liquid and set aside.
- BRING a large pot of water to a boil.
- HEAT olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté until golden.
- Add tomatoes and reserved cooking liquid. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- ADD calamari and simmer until firm. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat.
- COOK pasta according to package directions. Drain and add pasta to sauce.
- Add mussels; mix well. Sprinkle with parsley.