Babs in Toyland's Note:
For all those Gorgonzola lovers out there - recipe from Sunset magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves, garlic,minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can pear shaped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup vermouth or 1/4 cup white wine
- 4 ounces gorgonzola, at room temp
- 12 ounces dry mostaccioli pasta (or other tube shape pasta)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil or 1/4 cup Italian parsley
- fresh ground pepper
- 1Melt butter and oil in a wide frying pan over medium heat.
- 2Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally until onion is golden about 15 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile cut up canned tomatoes, reserving liquids.
- 4Increase heat to high and add vermouth to pan; boil for about 10 seconds.
- 5Add canned tomatoes and their liquid; bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered until sauce is thickened, about 15 minutes.
- 6Mash cheese with fork and add to sauce and stir until melted.
- 7While simmering, cook pasta according to directions.
- 8Drain pasta and return to pan; pour in sauce and stir well.
- 9Stir in basil and season with salt& pepper, and stir again.
- 10Serve in warm, wide shallow bowls.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mostaccioli with Gorgonzola and Tomato
Serving Size: 1 (354 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 550.6
- Calories from Fat 175
- Total Fat 19.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 28.9 mg
- Sodium 431.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 8.1 g
- Protein 19.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: