Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I always seem to have an abundance of peppers and zucchini in my garden....and I'm a pasta lover. What better way to serve them together than a nice refreshing summer salad.
- 3 cups uncooked mostaccioli pasta
- 1 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 small summer squash, sliced and quartered
- 1 small zucchini, halved and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup ripe olives, sliced
- 3 -4 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse.
- Place pasta plus all remaining salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix or shake all the vinaigrette ingredients together.
- Pour dressing over salad mixture, tossing to coat.
- Cover, and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Toss gently before serving.
Really good. Was a little too sweet for my taste, so I will try adjusting the sugar next time I make it. Thank you!
A nice, refreshing summer salad. I forgot to purchase fresh red peppers so I used jarred roasted peppers intead. I like it more as some of the juice from the peppers mixed in with the lovely dressing. I added a touch of oregano to the dressing, and used 3 packets of sugar substitute. In the future I think sun-dried tomatoes would be a lovely addition, and plan to leave out the green peppers. I served it on a bed of watercress and arugula. It's a pretty salad, too. :)
This is a great make-ahead salad! I doubled the recipe and didn't have any leftovers! Yumm!!