Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a sweet/sour pasta salad,perfect for a potluck or picnic because of no mayonnaise. It is very good and so simple too make. It is a favorite here at our house. ENJOY!
- 1 lb mostaccioli pasta
- 6 drops yellow food coloring
- 1 1⁄2 cups cider vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 finely diced onion
- 1 finely diced cucumber
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil or 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- Cook and drain the pasta according to package directions (add the food coloring to the pasta cooking water).
- Mix the vinegar, sugar and spices; heat to boiling.
- Add the onion, cucumber and oil; mix all with the cooked and drained pasta.
- Chill for several hours until serving.