Recipe by Bergy
Lovely appearing and tasty salad
Top Review by Acerast
This is by no means your average pasta salad; it has very vivid flavors and colors. The ingredients work well together. The fruitiness of the balsamic vinegar brings out the pungency of the basil. The mixture of vegetables is wonderful too. I really liked the crunch of raw zucchini. Thanks for a great recipe Bergy!
- 3 cups mostaccioli pasta, uncooked
- 2 cups fresh asparagus spears, raw
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup Italian dressing
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sweet red pepper strips
- 1⁄2 cup sliced zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup diced red onion
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil leaf, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- During last 2 minutes of cooking add the asparagus.
- Drain pasta& asparagus, rinse in cold water.
- Whisk together the mayo, Italian dressing, vinegar& pepper.
- When cool, in a large bowl, stir the pasta& asparagus with 1/2 cup dressing and remaining ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hoiurs.
- Just before serving stir in the remaining dressing.