Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a nice pasta dish that is a little different. Served this to company and everyone loved it.
- 1⁄4 lb bacon
- 1⁄4 lb prosciutto
- 1 cup onion
- 5 -6 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 2 -3 cups tomato sauce
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup cognac
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1 -2 lb penne or 1 -2 lb mostaccioli pasta
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a pan with a little olive oil fry bacon. Take bacon out when done and save the bacon grease.
- Saute onions until soft in the bacon grease.
- Add the prosciutto, parsley and cognac. Take pan off the stove and light with a match to flame, this burns the alcohol out of the pan.
- When flame burns out add tobasco sauce, heavy cream, basil, butter and sauce.
- Let simmer while the pasta is cooking.
- When pasta is done, drain and pour cognac sauce over it. Add your favorite cheese on top.