Recipe by sugaree
I found the recipe on another site. It is very similar to a dish we always have at our favorite restaurant here on Long Island - Arturo's. This is a rich pasta. The cooking times are approximate.
- 113.39 g bacon
- 113.39 g prosciutto, cubed
- 236.59 ml chopped onion
- 1.25-1.5 ml Tabasco sauce
- 473.18 ml marinara sauce
- 118.29 ml cognac
- 473.19 ml heavy cream
- 453.59 g mostaccioli pasta or 453.59 g pasta, of your choice
- 29.58 ml parsley
- 14.79 ml basil
- 14.79 ml butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the marinara sauce and heavy cream in a saucepan. Simmer on low till slightly thickened.
- Fry the bacon and save for another time.
- Saute onions in the bacon fat until soft.
- Add the parsley, prosciutto and cognac. Remove pan from the stove and light with a match.
- When alcohol burns off return to stove and add basil, butter, tobasco and cream mixture.
- Let the mixture simmer while you cook the pasta.
- When pasta is done drain and coat with the sauce.