Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found the recipe on another site. It is very similar to a dish we always have at our favorite restaurant here on Long Island - Arturo's. This is a rich pasta. The cooking times are approximate.
- 1⁄4 lb bacon
- 1⁄4 lb prosciutto, cubed
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 5 -6 dashes Tabasco sauce
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1⁄2 cup cognac
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1 lb mostaccioli pasta or 1 lb pasta, of your choice
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Combine the marinara sauce and heavy cream in a saucepan. Simmer on low till slightly thickened.
- Fry the bacon and save for another time.
- Saute onions in the bacon fat until soft.
- Add the parsley, prosciutto and cognac. Remove pan from the stove and light with a match.
- When alcohol burns off return to stove and add basil, butter, tobasco and cream mixture.
- Let the mixture simmer while you cook the pasta.
- When pasta is done drain and coat with the sauce.