Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A tasty little side dish you could serve with chicken, fish or whatever you like. From the Loma Linda Dental Auxiliary Cookbook.
- 3 cups mostaccioli pasta or 3 cups penne pasta
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 cups milk (skim will work if you prefer)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 cups cooked, drained, cut-up broccoli
- 1⁄2 cup shredded swiss cheese
- Cook mostaccioli according to package directions.
- Drain and rinse in cold water.
- In a medium saucepan, melt margarine.
- Stir in flour until blended.
- Add milk.
- Cook until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese, salt, garlic powder, thyme and nutmeg.
- In a large bowl, combine mostaccioli, cheese sauce and broccoli.
- Spoon into 12" by 9" baking dish.
- Sprinkle Swiss cheese over top.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10- 15 minutes until heated through.
This was very good. I used it as a vegetarian main dish. I left out the nutmeg and doubled the thyme. The parmesan cheese sauce was exceptionally good and rich. My family also thought it was delish. Thanks for a yummy casserole recipe.
This was very good..the sauce was nicely seasoned..it was easy to make..the one thing I found was that it was just a bit dry for my taste..next time I'll start with 3 cups of milk and adjust the seasonings accordingly and I think that will make it perfect...Thanks for sharing!
DD (picky eater) loved this. I am making it again today. Thanks for the recipe.