1 hr 5 mins
Yummy pasta -- It makes a lot (2 9x13 pans) but could be easily halved. Everyone in my office is RAVING about this this week, and it's great b/c it can be adjusted to your own liking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook both boxes of noodles until they are semi done.
- 2Drain and set aside, but do not rinse.
- 3Melt 1 Tbsp butter in a saucepot.
- 4Add minced garlic (more or less if desired).
- 5Slowly add heavy whipping cream to melted butter and garlic mixture.
- 6Bring sauce to a slow simmer, then add 2 cups shredded Parmesan cheese.
- 7Stir until melted.
- 8Let sauce simmer on low.
- 9Break into pieces and brown Italian sausage.
- 10Add 2 thinly sliced peppers to meat mixture.
- 11When both are fully cooked, dump them into the sauce.
- 12Saute sliced mushrooms in 1 Tbsp butter seasoned with salt and pepper.
- 13When cooked, add to sauce.
- 14Place tomatoes in a food processor and process until blended with chunks.
- 15Add fresh basil to taste (don’t be stingy — a lot is better).
- 16Add diced garlic to taste.
- 17Add olive oil.
- 18Don’t be afraid to start small and add more basil, garlic and oil as you go.
- 19This tomato mixture can be made a day early; let set in refrigerator overnight.
- 20Add this dish to the sauce.
- 21Bring the huge pot to a boil, let it simmer just a minute or two.
- 22Take the penne noodles and divide them into the two 9x13-inch pans, spreading them out evenly.
- 23Divide sauce into each pan filled with the noodles and mix it with the noodles.
- 24Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the top of both pans.
- 25Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mostaccioli (Baked Pasta With Creamy Sauce & Italian Sausag
Serving Size: 1 (5141 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 6414.7
- Calories from Fat 4193
- Total Fat 465.9 g
- Saturated Fat 267.3 g
- Cholesterol 1552.1 mg
- Sodium 4787.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 438.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 60.9 g
- Sugars 25.7 g
- Protein 148.5 g