Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a very easy very tasty and very inexpensive dish that will leave you wanting more! I made this up one night just searching through my kitchen for something to make for dinner. I am a bachelor so this is great for leftovers for a couple days. Hope you like it!
- 1 box mostaccioli noodles
- 3 Italian sausages
- 1 fresh zucchini (sliced)
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms (sliced)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce (or 2 if you like more sauce)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- fresh snipped parsley or dried parsley
- Italian spices (oregano,basil,thyme)
- Cook mostaccioli noodles al dente style.
- Meanwhile,in a sauce pan, saute the zucchini and mushrooms with the garlic, butter and italian seasonings and set aside.
- Cut the sausage into bite size pieces and brown them in a frying pan.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Drain the noodles and in a 9x13 baking dish put 1/2 of the noodles on the bottom of dish.
- Place the sauted vegetables and the sausage on top of the noodles and spread evenly.
- Put 11/2 cups of cheese on top of that and then 1/2 of the sauce.
- (you can use more sauce if you like it saucier) Place the rest of the noodles then the remaining sauce and the the remaining cheese.
- Sprinkle the parsley on top, cover and place in oven for 45 min until bubbly.
- Serve with some italian bread and salad and enjoy!
Ha! I just re-read the instructions, and see it was my own fault, putting the cheese directly atop the noodles. It seemed strange to me, but I was following what I'd written down, and obviously copied it down wrong. My apologies. :)