Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is my DH's favorite dish. He made it for me when we first dated about 15 years ago. It comes from his mother and is still a favorite for our family.
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 garlic clove
- 16 ounces garden vegetable spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces mostaccioli noodles, cooked and drained
- 1⁄2 lb Velveeta reduced fat cheese product, thinly sliced
- grated parmesan cheese
- Brown meat; add vegetables and cook until tender.
- Stir in spaghetti sauce and garlic.
- In casserole dish, layer half the cooked noodles, meat sauce, and Velveeta. Repeat the layers. Sprinkle the top with Parmesan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, until heated through and cheese begins to bubble and brown on top.
Everyone loved this dish. I even got my picky daughter to eat the onions & peppers without noticing. I did use yellow peppers & half the amount of cheese. Made for PAC Spring 2011