Recipe by Windy City Girl in AZ
We just love this pasta dish! I takes like lasagna but is so much easier to make. Try it...I'm sure it'll become your family's favorites too.
Top Review by Linky
Very tasty and much easier than lasagna! I added some chopped onion as someone else mentioned. I also put some garlic powder and parsley in the cheese mixture. I had light Italian sausage with pork and chicken which worked great. made for Spring PAC 2014
- 1 lb uncookded mostaccioli pasta or 1 lb tubular pasta
- 1 1⁄2 lbs bulk Italian sausage
- 28 ounces meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 (15 ounce) carton ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated romano cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain.
- Crumble sausage into Dutch oven.
- Cook over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the spaghetti sauce and pasta.
- In a bowl, combine the egg, riccota cheese and mozzarella cheese.
- Spoon half of the pasta mixture into a greased shallow 3-qt. baking dish; layer with the cheese mixture and remaining pasta mixture.
- Cover and bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Uncover; top with Romano cheese.
- Bake 5 minutes longer or until heated through.