Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
We just love this pasta dish! I takes like lasagna but is so much easier to make. Try it...I'm sure it'll become your family's favorites too.
- 1 lb uncookded mostaccioli pasta or 1 lb tubular pasta
- 1 1⁄2 lbs bulk Italian sausage
- 28 ounces meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 (15 ounce) carton ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated romano cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain.
- Crumble sausage into Dutch oven.
- Cook over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the spaghetti sauce and pasta.
- In a bowl, combine the egg, riccota cheese and mozzarella cheese.
- Spoon half of the pasta mixture into a greased shallow 3-qt. baking dish; layer with the cheese mixture and remaining pasta mixture.
- Cover and bake at 375 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Uncover; top with Romano cheese.
- Bake 5 minutes longer or until heated through.
Very tasty and much easier than lasagna! I added some chopped onion as someone else mentioned. I also put some garlic powder and parsley in the cheese mixture. I had light Italian sausage with pork and chicken which worked great. made for Spring PAC 2014
This was delicious...like you said tastes like lasagna only easier to make. I cut the recipe in half and added a little chopped onion and garlic to the sausage while browning but otherwise followed the instructions. Definately will make again. Made for Spring PAC 2012.
I'm surprised more people haven't tried your recipe. Thanks for sharing, very YUMMY!!!