- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 lb ground sirloin
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 lb mostaccioli noodles
- 1⁄4 lb reduced-fat American cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the onion, ground sirloin, and garlic til meat is brown and onion tender.
- Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste, water, salt, pepper, and bay leaf.
- Cook noodles.
- Cut cheese into small slices.
- In a casserole dish, layer noodles, meat, and cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees 20-30 minutes or til warmed through.