Cook2 hrs 30 mins
I had this delicious and super-tender pork roast at my friend's home. It didn't even require a knife to cut. I had to get this recipe. It's unbelievable! It was so tasty no one needed the gravy, but the recipe is included just in case you want it.
- Make 6 horizontal cuts down center of roast 3x3". Stuff each cut with a slice of onion, reserving remaining onion.
- Place roast in ovenproof dutch oven. Sprinkle with seasonings. Pour broth around roast.
- Place remaining onion slices, pepper, bay leaf, carrots, and potatoes around roast.
- Cover bake at 325°F for 2 1/2 hours.
- If desired, bring pan juices to boil; boil 10-12 minutes or till reduced to half. Discard bay leaf. In a small bowl combine water and cornstarch. Blend till smooth. Add pan juices. Cook, stirring till mix is bubbly and thick.