Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
I had this delicious and super-tender pork roast at my friend's home. It didn't even require a knife to cut. I had to get this recipe. It's unbelievable! It was so tasty no one needed the gravy, but the recipe is included just in case you want it.
- 1 (2 1/2 lb) pork loin roast
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 lb fresh baby carrots
- 8 small red potatoes, quartered
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- Make 6 horizontal cuts down center of roast 3x3". Stuff each cut with a slice of onion, reserving remaining onion.
- Place roast in ovenproof dutch oven. Sprinkle with seasonings. Pour broth around roast.
- Place remaining onion slices, pepper, bay leaf, carrots, and potatoes around roast.
- Cover bake at 325°F for 2 1/2 hours.
- If desired, bring pan juices to boil; boil 10-12 minutes or till reduced to half. Discard bay leaf. In a small bowl combine water and cornstarch. Blend till smooth. Add pan juices. Cook, stirring till mix is bubbly and thick.
This is the best pork loin roast I have ever tasted!!! (Not to be confused with the small round pork tenderloins) this is by far the B~E~S~T!!! Do not change a thing...The veggies came out delish...It is an ultimate KEEPER!!! I don't give reviews like this lightly....Even my pickey Pickey PICKEY husband loved it!!! Ummmm the gravy!!! Don't pre brown the roast...It really does brown itself...Very easy prep....Quick, Yummy & Easy!!!
I have tried at least 100 different recipes for pork roasts over the years, they all seemed to lack something, flavor, too dried out, etc. This one is so flavorful, moist, and just down right melt in your mouth good. Takes no time whatsoever to put together and throw in the oven and the results make you look like a rock star! The veggies come out perfect and the broth is just out of this world good. Who would have thought this could be accomplished in a Dutch oven? And who doesn't love a one pot delicious meal. All those "other" pork roast recipes......they no longer exist here in our house anymore. Just can't beat perfection.
I tried this recipe but with a smaller roast, and I don't own a roasting pan, so I used a baking pan with foil over it. I only cooked it for about 1hr 35 min because it was only about 1 1/2-2 lb roast. Veggies were just perfect; wouldn't have wanted them any more done. The roast wasn't quite as tender as others seem to report it should be, but that could be because either I didn't cook it long enough, or I was using a foil lid. Still, it was excellent! Great flavour, meat wasn't tough. Gravy was very tasty. Will definitely make again.