Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
I had this delicious and super-tender pork roast at my friend's home. It didn't even require a knife to cut. I had to get this recipe. It's unbelievable! It was so tasty no one needed the gravy, but the recipe is included just in case you want it.
- Make 6 horizontal cuts down center of roast 3x3". Stuff each cut with a slice of onion, reserving remaining onion.
- Place roast in ovenproof dutch oven. Sprinkle with seasonings. Pour broth around roast.
- Place remaining onion slices, pepper, bay leaf, carrots, and potatoes around roast.
- Cover bake at 325°F for 2 1/2 hours.
- If desired, bring pan juices to boil; boil 10-12 minutes or till reduced to half. Discard bay leaf. In a small bowl combine water and cornstarch. Blend till smooth. Add pan juices. Cook, stirring till mix is bubbly and thick.
This is the best pork loin roast I have ever tasted!!! (Not to be confused with the small round pork tenderloins) this is by far the B~E~S~T!!! Do not change a thing...The veggies came out delish...It is an ultimate KEEPER!!! I don't give reviews like this lightly....Even my pickey Pickey PICKEY husband loved it!!! Ummmm the gravy!!! Don't pre brown the roast...It really does brown itself...Very easy prep....Quick, Yummy & Easy!!!
I have tried at least 100 different recipes for pork roasts over the years, they all seemed to lack something, flavor, too dried out, etc. This one is so flavorful, moist, and just down right melt in your mouth good. Takes no time whatsoever to put together and throw in the oven and the results make you look like a rock star! The veggies come out perfect and the broth is just out of this world good. Who would have thought this could be accomplished in a Dutch oven? And who doesn't love a one pot delicious meal. All those "other" pork roast recipes......they no longer exist here in our house anymore. Just can't beat perfection.
I saw this recipe and decided to try it. Our bottle of Italian spice was pretty old so I used 1 tbsp of the Italian spice and 1/4 tsp each of rosemary, thyme, oregano, and sage. Everything else was exactly per the recipe. The roast was about 2.4 lbs. I decided to check it after 1 h 45 min and it was already done, maybe because we have a convection oven? The meat temp was 195 and I was afraid I had ruined it, but I hadn't. It was moist, could be cut with a fork, and incredibly flavorful. So were the veggies. Definitely a keeper, and soooo easy! My husband loved it.