Recipe by ammi
Old family secret...best vegetarian gravy you'll ever have. It'll turn meat-eaters into believers! Update: I've reduced the amount of salt based on some of the comments. Enjoy!
Top Review by jcal85
The BEST white gravy EVER-- seriously!! I tried to make vegetarian gravy for years, always used oil and never thought to use butter. I have used this recipe a few times now, and it always comes out perfectly. SO SO good. Thank you!!! :)
- 2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
Directions See How It's Made
- mix all ingredients into a saucepan.
- whisk together over medium heat.
- continue whisking until the sauce thickens.
- if after about 5 minutes sauce isn't thickening still add more flour tbsp by tbsp until it is at your desired consistency.
- if sauce is too thick, add more milk.