Prep 1 min
Cook 3 mins
I just came up with this. I wasn't sure how it would taste, but it taste just as good as the old fashioned white gravy!
- 2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- mix all ingredients into a saucepan
- whisk together over medium heat.
- continue whisking until the sauce thickens.
- if after about 5 minutes sauce isn't thickening still add more flour tbsp by tbsp until it is at your desired consistency.
- if sauce is too thick, add more milk.
The BEST white gravy EVER-- seriously!! I tried to make vegetarian gravy for years, always used oil and never thought to use butter. I have used this recipe a few times now, and it always comes out perfectly. SO SO good. Thank you!!! :)
This gravy was good, but a little bit salty for my taste. Made for Fall 2009 PAC.
Thank you for this! I am the worst gravy maker and this turned out wonderful!!