Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
This has a very very deep chocolate flavour if you use Swiss Cocoa, I normally add slightly less cocoa if I'm using Swiss cocoa.
- Combine cocoa, sugar, and water in a pot and bring to a light boil.
- Take the pot off the heat and pour the liquid into a bowl.
- Let mixture cool to room temperature and add vodka and vanilla.
- Chill overnight in the fridge.
- Process in ice cream maker or do it the manual way :) *.
- Manual way: Put mix into a freezer tin and whisk it up ever 1 hour till the preferred consistency is reached.
Ehh... Way to chocolatey! Felt like I was just eating plain old cocoa powder. Okay, but there is better. :-
This is very deep, dark and chocolatey. It tastes very rich, especially considering there's bacially only cocoa, sugar and water in it. It's a wonderful, cool dessert for a hot summer night!