Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my absolute favorite smoothie. I know smoothie recipes are a dime-a-dozen, but this one is so simple and tasty that it has to be tried. Note: I always, always buy super fresh mange, peel, chop, and freeze it myself because sometimes the pre-frozen mango is not as ripe as it should be. Also it is best to use freshly squeezed oranges, but store-bought juice is fine too.
- 2 cups frozen mango chunks
- 1 1⁄2 cups freshly squeezed orange juice
- Purée the frozen mango chunks until they are completely smooth in a food processor or a blender.
- Slowly add the orange juice while blending.
- The amount of juice is actually totally up to you depending on how thick or thin you like your smoothies.
- This smoothie is so good, I love it -- but it can also play host to numerous other frozen fruits and/or juices. Just be sure to blend any other fruits with the mango at the beginning and then add the juice. I often add a quick squeeze of lime to the orange juice.
Well, I wouldn't know about "ever", but this was a very very tasty smoothie, and simple. It made two big glasses for me. My mango was pre-frozen (store-bought) - I used the rest of the bag I had on hand, which amounted to maybe slightly more than 2 cups. As for the oranges, I bought a bag (maybe the first I ever have), and, using a new manual reamer/juicer with an attached jar, squeezed slightly more than 1.5 cups of juice out of 5 oranges (it didn't sound very efficient, but I'm not very experienced at squeezing oranges.) I highly recommend this easy recipe. Oh, and a bonus was that the second glassful, sitting in the blender overnight in the fridge, didn't separate in the least - I really liked that this kept its consistency so well.
What a great tasting smoothie! So easy to make but it has a lot of flavor. I did use a bag of frozen mango chunks from Trader Joe's; I hate cutting mangoes. Thanks for a great recipe!
Delicious. I can see why this is your favorite smoothie. I love all fruit mango smoothies the most so am recommending you try, recipe#391620. Your recipe is not properly food combined as per http://www.rawplus.com/images/foodcom.jpg. I added some mango nectar because I used the poor frozen mango you speak of plus freshly squeezed orange juice. I may try this again with that squeeze of fresh lime juice you often add as well. Made for ALL YOU CAN COOK BUFFET - SPECIAL EVENT!