Recipe by RecipeAddict
I finally (after many attempts) have found a wonderful banana bread recipe that is moist, healthy and even the crust tastes good! I use Smart Balance as the margarine and powdered Egg Replacers for the eggs, and it's really fantastic. This recipe makes 3 loaves, but you can halve it if you have fewer bananas.
- 3 cups white sugar
- 1 cup melted margarine (try to get the no-trans-fat kind)
- 6 overripe bananas, mashed
- 4 eggs (or egg replacements)
- 2⁄3 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 6 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix sugar, margarine and bananas together with a mixer.
- Add eggs, milk and vanilla and mix.
- Add dry ingredients and nuts (optional) and mix either by hand or with a mixer until well blended.
- Pour into 3 greased and floured bread loaf pans and bake at 350 degrees for about 55 minutes (or until a knife comes out clean).
- I've also made this recipe in 2 loaf pans and an 8x8 pan and it works just fine - just check the 8x8 pan after 45 minutes or so.