1 hr 10 mins
I finally (after many attempts) have found a wonderful banana bread recipe that is moist, healthy and even the crust tastes good! I use Smart Balance as the margarine and powdered Egg Replacers for the eggs, and it's really fantastic. This recipe makes 3 loaves, but you can halve it if you have fewer bananas.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix sugar, margarine and bananas together with a mixer.
- 2Add eggs, milk and vanilla and mix.
- 3Add dry ingredients and nuts (optional) and mix either by hand or with a mixer until well blended.
- 4Pour into 3 greased and floured bread loaf pans and bake at 350 degrees for about 55 minutes (or until a knife comes out clean).
- 5I've also made this recipe in 2 loaf pans and an 8x8 pan and it works just fine - just check the 8x8 pan after 45 minutes or so.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Most Excellent and Healthy Banana Bread
Serving Size: 1 (94 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 258.1
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 28.3 mg
- Sodium 269.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 23.1 g
- Protein 3.9 g